ARBA will be celebrating International Blues Music Day in style, featuring live performances by 2016 Memphis Blues Challenge winning acts Nikko & Snooks and The Associates plus special guests. As part of this jam packed event there will be an auction of music memorabilia and donated items, announcement of ARBA Blues Album Of The Year and trophy presentation, the draw of the International Blues Challenge Guitar Raffle, door prizes plus merchandise and CD sales, Memphis-style food, Fox Creek wines and Big Shed brews.
Johnny Childs - Director IBMD
Ray Harrison (pictured) from Airbrush Venturi SA will be painting a portrait of Snooks La Vie on the night, with the finish product to be auctioned. Ray will also be donating a portrait of Robert Johnson, also to be auctioned.
A recording of the music played on the night will be captured live and edited to be produced onto a ONE OFF Vinyl LP. This unique souvenir of the evening will be available only to the highest bidder.
Also to be auctioned:
- Signed and framed photo collage of Lazy Eye and Mick Kidd and Dave Blight at the 2016 IBC.
- Framed 2015 Memphis Blues Challenge poster, signed by all members of the winning acts.
- Painting of Jimi Hendrix donated by Reynella Prints
- Framed Stephen Von Der Borch photograph of Zkye Compson Harris
- Framed photograph of Little Walter
All profits from this event will be used to fund the travel and accommodation expenses of these two acts when they represent ARBA and South Australia at the 2017 International Blues Challenge in Memphis.
St. Luke's Hall
35 Whitmore Square
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Convenient CBD location with onsite parking!